Dewberry season is upon us. I went picking dewberries today. I didn’t get enough for jelly making but I am hoping to get enough tomorrow but for sure by Friday. I checked out all my dewberry patches and only one is ripening up. It is the wettest of all the spots so I suspect that is a factor. I am also getting ready to go mayhaw picking soon. More on that later. I was a sight, if anyone had been looking. I was wearing my black rubber boots, long sleeves, long pants, a leather glove on my left hand, and a surgical glove on my right. The leather glove was for picking up branches, and the surgical glove was so that I could pick the fruit without getting purple hands.
Search this site
CopyrightCopyright Texas Jelly Maker© 2012 All rights reserved.
Top Posts & Pages
- Mustang Grape Jelly and Jam
- Mesquite Bean Jelly
- Dewberries and Mulberries
- Firey Red Hot Chile Pequin Jelly (With Pyracantha and Loquat)
- Cantaloupe Jam
- Texas Persimmon
- Serrano Jelly or Some like it HOT! jelly
- Texas Jelly Maker (About)
- Jujube Butter or Jujube Sauce
- Loquat Jelly, Loquat Sauce, and Loquat Empanadas
- 201,037 hits